The Wairarapa Explorer
Can’t decide which area to explore and wish you could see it all? Well this flight showcases all of what’s on offer within close proximity to Masterton. Head up to Mt Holdsworth and follow the ridges that divide the east from the west with total freedom.
Venturing north to Mitre Peak you will then descend back down to the Wairarapa plains and orbit around Masterton then onto Gladstone over wineries and vast hill country farm land.
- Follow the wind swept and rocky ridgelines to a world like no other
- Orbit around Mitre Peak a rocky outcrop reaching skyward named after a bishops peak
- Study civilisation and its activities from above
- Take in the spectacle of colours around Gladstone and Stone Henge Aotearoa
Passengers: 4 Duration: 30 mins
Mount Holdsworth Scenic Flight
Enjoy a flight to Mt Holdsworth in the Tararua Forest Park, an exhilarating climb to one of the highest peaks at nearly 1500m, returning via the Waiohine Gorge and Totara Flats, see NZ’s beautiful native bush and pristine river valleys, this flight is packed with excitement.
- Climb to 1500m above sea level in 6 minutes to reach alpine heights
- Spot some of our most popular backcountry huts and walking tracks
- Catch a glimpse on clear days of Mt Taranaki and Mt Ruapehu
- Weave your way down the Waiohine Gorge, a rugged near inaccessible river system
Duration: 15 mins. Passengers: 4
Around the Cape Scenic Flight Voucher
The North Island’s southern most point with a stunning bird’s eye-view of the rugged coastline of Wairarapa’s Cape Palliser, see the amazing rock formations known as the Putangirua Pinnacles, the large and iconic sheep and beef stations, Historic homesteads, along with the very spectacular Wairarapa Moana wet lands park with abundant bird life, this is truly a spectacular flight and shows our regions most amazing natural features.
Duration: 1hr 20 mins. Passengers: 4 $2500
Town and Country Scenic Flight
A tailor-made circuit around the Beautiful Wairarapa Valley encompassing our small and quaint rural towns, sprawling pastures, farmlands and vineyards, a very special perspective.
- View Masterton in its entirety from the air, a township founded by Joseph Masters in 1854
- Look south at our network of rivers and lakes with south island mountain ranges in the distance
- Discover our vast farmland with contrasting colours of crops, vineyards and green pastures
Duration: 10 mins, Passengers: 4